THE PERIOD BETWEEN 2003-2008: THE SCHOOL BECAME A NON-GOVERNMENTAL SCHOOL WITH THE BEST OPERATION IN THE CAPITAL
In 2003, Honored Teacher of Mongolia, Maam U., founded the school named “Shine Ue” under the approval of ordinance number 222 dated on May 29, 2003, with the support of the Mayor.
Despite the construction work of building the school had not been accomplished, the grand opening for the first academic year was held successfully at Children’s Palace. Many prominent people, including Lkhan-Aajav M., the Head of Education and Science Department, Odkhuu S., Director of Prognosis, Munkhshur Ch., Honored Actress of Mongolia, Ichinkhorloo D., Distinguished Actress of Mongolia, attended the grand opening. Thus, the school started its operation with 11 teachers, seven employees, and 86 students from first to tenth grades in 10 classes.
Founder and director
/HONOURED TEACHER OF MONGOLIA/
/DISTINGUISHED EDUCATOR, CONSULTANT TEACHER/
/HONOURED TEACHER OF MONGOLIA/
Mongolian language teacher
BATTOGTOKH D. /DOCTORATE/
/DISTINGUISHED EDUCATOR, CONSULTANT TEACHER/
BATBOLD J., ENKHBOLD B., BUYANTOGTOKH L.
Primary education teachers
DORJDULAM TS., NARAN U.
In the first five years, Public Teacher of the State 1, Honored Teacher of Mongolia 1, Distinguished Educator 11, Consultant Teacher 4, Senior Teacher 9, Methodologist 12, or 65 percent of the teachers had certain educational degrees. Consequently, the school had a good, consistent performance of schooling and nurturing. Moreover, some outstanding teachers won in teaching skill competitions throughout the district, city, and state.
The number of teachers mentioned above got awarded for their works and achievements toward the following nominations; Batbold J., Math teacher, Enkhbold B., Physics teacher, Naran U., Primary education teacher, Tserendejid P., Foreign language teacher by the government, Boldbaatar N. and Ganpurew L., Primary education teachers, and Distinguished Educators, Tsend B., the Headmaster and Top Employee of Trade Union. In addition, Chimgee T. and Bayarmaa T., Primary education teachers, Erdenechimeg M. and Munkhzul P., Physical education teachers, Enkhbaatar S. and Bulbul T., Mathematics teachers, were granted awards by the educational authorities of the district and capital.
THE PERIOD BETWEEN 2009-2013: BECAME THE TOP SCHOOL OF THE CAPITAL
In the following five years, the school extended its building by adding the third floor. As a result, we succeeded in establishing and equipping classrooms, strengthening the learning environment and material base, improving the quality of education, developing each child, and empowering teachers.
We had Public Teacher of Mongolia 1, Honoured Teacher of Mongolia 1, Polaris 1, Leading Educators 15, Leading Physical Education Teacher 1, Certificates of Ministry of Education, Culture and Science of Mongolia 18, Honoured Teacher of Mongolia 1, Senior Teachers 12, and Leading Intellectual Teacher 1. In addition, gold medalists of the "Leading young man" 5, State Champion of Skills competitions 1, IAAF 1, Methodologists 18, and Doctorate 2, Masters 13, Magistrate 3, Bachelors 15 and Diplomas 3, a total of 31 teachers, and administrators.
Our teachers have been sharing their experiences with other teachers, such as conducting training seminars for teachers in the capital city and rural areas, plus teaching them on television.
In 2008, Enkhbold B., a Mathematics teacher, conducted training on "Combinatorial policy thinking methodology" for mathematics teachers in Ulaanbaatar, in 2009, "Geometric policy calculation methodology" training for teachers in Ulaanbaatar city. In January 2010, Idersaikhan O., a Physics teacher, conducted training on "Physics experiments with abundant materials" for Ulaanbaatar teachers in cooperation with the Education Department of the City. In 2009, Enkhbold B. taught mathematics, and Idersaikhan O. taught physics on Education TV. In 2010, Sandag-Ochir A. gave a tele-lesson in social studies, titled a topic of Political system, Enkhbold B. gave a game policy tele-lesson for 7th-9th grades with in-depth mathematics training in December of the same year, and Anar B. gave a 7th-grade Russian language lesson provided by the Education Channel, respectively.
In 2010, Idersaikhan O., a Physics teacher, became the State Champion in the Teachers' Teaching Skills Competition. Enkhbold B., Math teacher, won first place in the country in 2008, Idersaikhan O., a Physics teacher, became the Champion in the years 2007 and 2010. Enkhbold B., a Mathematics teacher, took 5th place in the capital city in 2005. Bayarmaa Tu., the primary school teacher, took second place in 2009.
Idersaikhan O., physics teacher, took 2nd place in the Ulaanbaatar pedagogical reading for his presentation on "Teaching technology and teaching quality" and 1st place on "Improving the quality of teaching physics" at the State Council of the Year.
THE PERIOD BETWEEN 2014-2018: THE TOP SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY
In 2015, a three-story building was completed, and in 2017, an extension building was built. There were about 820 students in 37 groups and a total of 82 teachers and staff.
Laboratories that meet international standards have been equipped and operated with classroom systems. There are 18 new classrooms: chemistry laboratory, physics laboratory, biology laboratory, informatics laboratory no. 1, informatics laboratory no. 2, IB mathematics cabinet, art hall, large gym, small gym, fine arts hall, Mongolian language, primary classes. The establishment and certification of the project provided a favorable environment for creating a learning environment, providing training materials, and improving course outcomes.
Our school has become a "Researcher Teacher" branch of the Teachers' Professional Development Institute. It has provided "Good Teacher" program training to more than 300 teachers from 26 schools in Tosontsengel soum, Zavkhan province, and 350 teachers from 25 schools in Uliastai soum, Zavkhan province. The training titled "Let's train our teachers” was sent to more than 400 secondary school teachers in the Khan-Uul district. Teachers from Khentii, Bulgan, Dornogovi, Arkhangai, Zavkhan provinces and schools number 52, 15, 32, 5, 58, 71 and Orgil school in the city also came to study the experience.
For the last five years in a row, the 5th, 9th, and 12th grades evaluations have resulted in high test scores and performance in the quality assessment of the Education Evaluation Center. In addition, our graduating students excelled above the national average on the Entrance Exam and were awarded the "Honor" by the Education Evaluation Center. Furthermore, our students have won more than 380 gold, silver, and bronze medals in international and national quality Olympiads, competitions, and contests.
THE PERIOD BETWEEN 2019-2023: BECAME AN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
The academic year 2018-2023 was a great leap and development year for Shine Ue School. Despite the pandemic and difficult years in the global economy and education sector, with the cooperation of professional and responsible teachers, visionary management and administrators, Shine Ue School has made our school better by organizing high-quality distance and online learning. The number of visiting students has doubled compared to 2018 and has increased.
Shine Ue School currently has 1,572 students in 54 groups of elementary, middle, and implementing Mongolian National Core Programme and International Baccalaureate, Cambridge Programme.
Shine Ue School has expanded and the number of students has increased, so the number of teaching staff has also increased. This is because we have launched the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program in 2018 and the Cambridge Programme in 2022, creating a fundamental need for teaching staff and professional human resources.
Currently, there are 137 teachers working and 16 of them are foreign teachers.
In our school:
- Honored teacher of Mongolia: 1
- Teacher with the Order of the Red Banner of Labor Merit: 2
- Teacher with the Order of the Golden Pole: 10
- Teacher with honorary labor medal: 4
- Consultant teacher of Mongolia: 2
- Teachers with the right to teach internationally: 15
- National trainer: 6 Master of Sports teachers: 4 are working
Features of Shine Ue school program
In the 2022-2023 school year, Shine Ue school implements the Mongolian Core Program in the elementary school, in depth study of English and mathematics, and additionally studies information technology and science in English. Also this year, the STEM program aimed at developing scientific and engineering skills in a systematic, interactive and fun way has been introduced into the curriculum.
It has the advantage of providing a foundation for international programs in high school and supporting English language skills. Our students can study International Cambridge Programme Lower Secondary in 6th-8th grade, IGCSE in 9th-10th grade, and international IB program in 11th-12th grade.
In the academic year 2022-2023, according to the order A/511 of the Ministry of Education and Culture approved on August 15, 2019 and the requirements of the international Cambridge program, our 6th-8th grade students will study science, english, mathematics, global perspective, and computer technology in English. While English, Chinese, French, Sociology, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Global Perspective, and Computer Technology courses are studied in English according to the standards of the Cambridge program in grades 9-10, the content of other subjects is studied according to the content of the national core curriculum.
I. NOTABLE HISTORICAL EVENTS
During the period of 2018-2023, many important historical events took place in the history of Shine Ue School.
- On October 17, 2018, we received the official right to implement the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program at our school, which we have planned and prepared for two years.
- On October 5, 2018, our "Shine Ue" school became the first "State Leading School" among private schools.
- On December 28, 2018, Tserendolgor Nymaa, the Shine Ue school's deputy director, was awarded the Honored Teacher of Mongolia title.
- On April 29 and May 4, 2019, Shine Ue School independently organized the 55th Mongolian Mathematics Olympiad. Officials noted that this Olympiad met the standards of international mathematical olympiads and raised the organizational ranking of the well-organized previous mathematical olympiads.
- In the 55th Mongolian Mathematical Olympiad, the Sukhbaatar district team of the capital, led by Bayanbat N., Batzaya E., Buyandelger S., Urangoo Ts. , and Munkhtulga B., met the conditions and won 21 of the 34 medals awarded in the Olympiad. Sukhbaatar district has been defining the colours of the national Olympiad for generations.
- In October 2019, on the 25th World Teachers' Day and 53rd Mongolian Teachers' Day, it was recognized as one of the top 40 schools based on the results of a quality assessment study conducted at the national level to determine the quality and results of general education and improve policy planning, reconfirming its academic quality and progress at the national level showed.
- In the academic year 2021-2022, our school aims to receive the Cambridge International Program; our teachers and employees officially expressed their request to become a school with the Cambridge Program on October 29, 2021. It reviewed the activities and discussed and decided whether to grant the right to the program.
- According to international standards, the Cambridge program authorization process should occur within six months after the first application. We are happy that the teachers and employees of our school successfully planned 79 types of work and completed this process in 1.5 months.
- On July 5, 2020, "Shine Ue", known as the country's leading school, became the first Mongolian school to run the IB Diploma Programme and successfully completed its first graduation. Five students enrolled in the first IB Diploma Programme and studied for two years. All of them successfully graduated and qualified for a bilingual diploma. To earn an IB diploma, the candidate must get 24 points or more out of the 45 points required, and out of a total of 174,000 students who applied this year, all of our school's graduates scored above average. The advantage of this diploma is that it gives students a chance to enrol on the best global universities without requiring IELTS and TOEFL scores, and depending on the points you get, you can apply for up to 100% scholarships. 60% of this first IB class graduates study at universities in Canada, Japan and Hungary with 60-100% scholarships.
II. FOREIGN RELATIONS AND COOPERATION
- The one of the leading schools of the country, “Shine Ue” school and US ETS (Educational Testing Service) representative office in Mongolia discussed the enhancement of English Language curriculum, its quality and signed a memorandum of cooperation. English proficiency is confirmed by the TOEFL Junior English language test at each level from academic year 2018-2019.
- The first trainer of Mongolia's TOEFL Young Students' Series program was born from Shine ue School. As part of the cooperation between Santis Education Center and New Generation School, the school's English teacher T. Khandjav has successfully participated in the TOEFL YSS Trainer Program for the academic year 2018-2019 organized by ETS USA.
- Ms G. Bulgan, coordinator of the IB diploma program and English teacher of "Shine ue" school, Ms E. Purevsuren, head of the foreign language department and English teacher E. Purevsuren, successfully completed the TOEFL ITP exam certification program and organized the TOEFL ITP exam at "Shine ue" school and received official approval on November 6, 2021, to prepare students and interested individuals for the TOEFL exam and to prepare English language teachers as TOEFL ITP Trainers.
- The cooperation with IB schools worldwide successfully started in December 2021. The school signed a memorandum of understanding with Japan's Gyōshu IBI School. As part of this cooperation, students of two IB schools have the opportunity to choose from IB courses offered in either classroom or distance learning.
- On June 6, 2022, Shine Ue School signed a memorandum of cooperation with the Mongolian University of Humanities
- Within the framework of this cooperation, starting from the academic year 2022-2023, graduates who have successfully completed the international baccalaureate diploma programme of the Shine ue school will be able to enrol in the baccalaureate programs of the University of Humanities at the appropriate level benefits such as participation in scholarship programs.
- Shine Ue School has successfully implemented the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program for high school students since 2018 and completed its third graduation. Starting from the next academic year, the graduates of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, as stated in the memorandum, are the beginning of good cooperation that opens up possibilities such as calculating credits from the courses studied in the "IB" program equivalent to the corresponding courses of professional introductory courses of the University of Humanities, and direct admission based on the average score of the diploma.
- Shine Ue School's IB diploma program graduates have started the implementation of study opportunities in Mongolian universities with scholarships.
- Starting from the 2021-2022 academic year, our school has proposed to directly enrol graduates of the IB diploma program in Mongolian universities according to the standards of other universities in the world, cooperate in calculating credits for specific courses, and organise initial introductory meetings.
- We met with the leaders of five of Mongolia's best universities: the University of Mongolia, the University of Finance and Economics, the University of Science and Technology, the University of Humanities, and the National University of Medical Sciences and proposed cooperation in the following four areas.
1. Investigate the possibility of direct admission to the university based on the score of the IBI diploma without giving an IEP /based on the order of the Ministry of Education and Culture No. A/317/;
2. Some courses studied in the IB program will be considered equivalent to the corresponding course credits from the university program based on the diploma score, thus the advanced and standard level courses will be considered equivalent to the courses corresponding to the respective level;
3. Providing a certain amount of scholarship based on the GPA of the diploma;
4. The core courses of the IB program, such as the theory of knowledge, research essays, and social work courses, are equivalent to the courses that are suitable for the studied content;